Thursday, March 22, 2012

Remembering spring

                                                         8"x10" Oil on linen panel
                                                              Sold

I selected this this little painting of a fully leaved (Is that a word?) tree to renew my hope that winter is indeed over.  This past has been an unusually benign season.   I attribute this, as mentioned in a previous blog, to the purchase of a powerful snow blower my me and a couple of my neighbors.   As I have grown older, I am more and more inclined to paint in my comfortable studio than to saddle up and drag my gear outdoors.  Not this spring, I vow!   Today, I am heading out to catch some of the trees bursting with color in my  home town.                                                      Wish me luck!                                                                                Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment