Monday, March 12, 2012

Old Barn on Santa Rosa Creek road

                                                     16"x20" Oil on Linen
                                                             Sold

Another barn from a California paintout.   The farmer was trimming scrub oak with a chain saw ( I feel guilty sometimes when I'm out happily painting and some farmer is working hard right around me! ).  He enjoyed seeing the painting, especially when I included him in it.  The thing I remember most about that day, though was the sight of a huge eucalyptus tree lying flat about 50 yards behind my setup spot.   It had obviously fallen a long time ago, because three other fairly large trees were growing vertically out of it's trunk!   I've never seen that before or since.  Strange!                                                      Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment