Sunday, August 7, 2011

Art on the Rocks

                                                         9"x12" Oil on linen on panel
                                                                    Sold

I painted this with my Ca. group on the coast near the lighthouse I highlighted in an earlier blog.  The water colorist sitting on the rocks is my old friend, Art.  We paint in the morning, then have lunch and an informal critique while eating.  I plan to get out there this winter for about a month, before it starts snowing.   I am no longer a great lover of snow and ice.  Many years ago, my job took me to the city of Niagara Falls for a couple of years, and it was my first experience with living in a snowy environment.   The people in that area are some of the nicest, warmest, food and fun loving I have ever met.  Great friends.  But, holy mackerel, the winters!!!  Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment