Monday, July 4, 2011

Harbor Pics


This is the harbor of Morro Bay, Ca. the location of most of my "Boat and harbor" paintings.  It was once a very active fishing community, but the fishing industry is really hurting and most of the big boats are gone.   It is a very picturesque community and still very paintable.  Below is a shot of me and three of my friends, all well known artists.  From the left, Anita Hampton, Louise DeMore, me, and David Jonas.  We try to paint together when I am out there and always have a great time!


1 comment:

  1. I have many fond memories of Morro Bay. We used to vacation there when I was a girl. We bought our first painting in Morro Bay when we were poor newlyweds. We used the week's grocery money for a painting by Marjorie Sharpe...that was 42 years ago and the painting still hangs in our dining room. Thanks for posting these photos. They're great to see.

    ReplyDelete