Monday, June 13, 2011

Memories of a Friend


                                               11"x14" Oil on linen on hardboard
                                                                SOLD

For a long time, I was lucky enough to be a good friend to a wonderful artist and gentleman, George Gibson.   He was one of the famed early California watercolorists and the retired art director of MGM studios.  George and I painted together for quite awhile until his death a few years back at the age of 96, and he will always be remembered fondly.  The painting's name reminds me that this is the scene he and I painted the last time I painted with him.
It's an interesting farm, because there are many outbuildings.  Regardless of time of day or lighting conditions, there are compositions that are fine for the plein air artist.              Mike
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment