Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cold day in Vermont

                                                    14"x18" Oil on canvas on board
                                                                   SOLD

This was done from a slide I took a few years ago in Vermont.  When I was younger, I used to paint in snow occasionally, standing on a piece of matting, and usually enjoying it.  Now that I'm older (much older!) I pass on plein air work in really uncomfortable weather.   I guess all those years in California made me soft. Luckily I have hundreds of excellent slides, and now digital shots, that I can use.  One problem, though, is my lack of discipline in record keeping.  The buyer said it reminded her of scenes near her vermont home and asked if I knew the actual location, and of course, I didn't.   I was positive it was Vermont, at least. From now on I'll keep good records!                        Mike
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment