Monday, June 6, 2011

Los Osos Valley Farm

                                               9"x12" Oil on canvas on hard panel
                                                                 SOLD


This was done a while back on one of my return trips to my old home grounds on California's central coast.  It is a beautiful area with great subject matter everywhere.  I miss it.  Every year I try to get back there for a month or so.  There are many outstanding artists there, some of whom are good friends of mine and we always get out as much as we can during my visits.

The scene above is an old farm just off the major valley road, and I have painted it many times.  On that day an overcast sky was breaking up and the sun caused cast shadows to appear.  Ah Yes!  I remember it well.  (Apologies to M. Chevalier).     

Just over a week from now for me to try an auction.                     Mike
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment