Monday, April 16, 2012

Last gasp


                                                      9"x12" Oil on linen panel
                                                              Sold

This is the last picture I have in my existing photo base.   I am going to shoot some of my recent paintings when I can find a little time.  The above small work was done (as usual) with my Cal Wednesday group on a day when there was a lot of mustard in the distance.  As I am sometimes wont to do, I spread it even more with my brush.  What I remember most about that day is a line of fence posts near me with a large San Simeon buzzard perched atop each one, motionless, with wings outspread.  The sight was a little awe inspiring.  It gave the appearance of a Roman legion approaching with banners uplifted.  More soon, I hope.   Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment