Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WNCPAP

 I have talked quite a bit about my California painting group, so I should devote some time to the North Carolina group of which I am now a signature member.   The "Western North Carolina Plein Air Painters" is composed of oil and pastel artists living in the proximity of Asheville NC.   At this time there is no regularly scheduled meeting or painting days.   We have a problem of members spread out over a fairly wide geographical area.   This spring (Hurry! Hurry!) I am hoping we will increase the frequency of our paintouts.   Below is a photo of a few of the group during a lunch break at a place called "Hickory farms".   The lady with the sun hat sitting to the left is Peggy Taylor, who is president, prime mover, chief cook and bottlewasher, the glue that holds the group together.  Without her, we would be lost.       Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment