Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super bowl Sunday

I will probably watch the super bowl today.  I don't usually paint much on Sunday anyway, so no big deal.  I used to be a loyal LA Ram's fan for many years, but now I have lost much of my love for the game.  I'm an old grouch, I know, but I don't like the celebrations (showboating we used to call it) and the overall "everybody look at me" slant of today's game.  And I remember the time when there actually was sportsmanship.  I remember when home team coaches and players actually motioned for their fans to quiet down so the opponents could hear the quarterback's cadence.  No more!   Occasionally my spirit is renewed.  I loved the softball incident not too long ago where the young lady hit a home run, hurt her ankle and couldn't circle the bases, then was carried around them by the opposing team players.  Oh well, enough talk.    Have a nice day.        Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment