Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Old favorite

                                             16X20" Oil on linen
                                              Sold
You've seen this building in previous paintings I've posted.   It is a favorite subject for local painters of the California coastal scene.  It was an old yellow when I first saw it ( I went a little crazy with the yellow in my painting), then .over the years, it aged to a warm ivory, then gray.   Although it has now been abandoned, it has been repainted a light blue gray, and hopefully will remain a Morro bay landmark for many years.   Next time I'm there I am going to try it again in it's new makeup.   OK! OK!    I went more than a little crazy with the yellow in this painting!                             Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment