Friday, November 4, 2011

Cerro Romauldo

                                                 9"x12" Oil on linen panel
                                                         Sold


This beautiful mountain is one of the "Nine sisters", a group of volcanic peaks just north of San Luis Obispo,Ca.  I was painting with my old friend, George Gibson, he doing a watercolor and me this little oil.  We set up about 9am. and quit about noon for lunch and critique.  George was kindly, but totally honest in his assessments of paintings, and this time, thankfully, he liked what I did.  When my work (or his own) was not up to par, he would acknowledge it, kindly, in my case.  Since his own paintings were almost always spectacular, he was usually just quiet when we viewed his.    I miss him.       Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment