Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Little red shack

                                                         9"x12" Oil on linen panel
                                                             Sold
For some reason I tend to avoid vertical compositions.   Since I do mostly land and seascapes, I suppose that's not too strange.  One warm sunny day I was painting with my friend, David Jonas, on a farm near Morro Bay, Ca. and this little structure caught our interest.  We set up side by side and started to paint.  I tease David (who does move slowly in everything he does) that he's the only person I know who could be overtaken and killed by a glacier.  I finished well in front of him, and yet, the paintings were pretty similar.  In years of painting together, that has only happened twice, if my memory serves.           Mike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment