Monday, April 30, 2012

Golden field

                                                   8"x10" Oil on linen panel
                                                 Click here to bid on this painting

I just returned from a week in Nashville Tenn.  Got to meet and paint with Anne Blair Brown, an artist I admire, in a three day workshop setting.  Just what I needed to get my art juices flowing again..   Anne is very likable and fun to be with. Got to be around a lot of other artists, who were also nice people.  The area is replete with beautiful scenery and varied painting subjects, and I can't wait to go back again for a week or two, possibly in the fall.  The little sketch above is one I did of a field almost covered with small yellow flowers.  I did about six paintings, with decent results, but the last, a larger work from inside a barn looking out into the bright sunlight would have been the best.  Unfortunately when I pulled it from my wet canvas carrier later, it slipped, scraped down across another painting, and was badly damaged.  Had so much fun that week, it hardly upset me.

No comments:

Post a Comment